Location. Location. Location.
Las Villas De San Buenas has the best location being located in the heart of Costa Rica’s Osa region, in the Province of Puntarenas, just south of Ojochal. This premier location means that you are never more than 20 minutes away from everything Costa Rica’s Osa has to offer. Whether you enjoy birding, zip lines, surfing, whale watching, relaxing at the beach, sea kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, deep-sea fishing or river fishing, you are close to the action in Las Villas de San Buenas.
Las Villas de San Buenas is located a short and easy 1 mile (2 km) easterly drive from the Costanera Highway (Hwy 34) at KM 186, in the quaint and charming town of San Buenaventura (population 400). San Buenaventura is a community full of wonderful and friendly people who will go out their way to help you – you might even get invited to play in some of the many soccer games that take place every week. Open Google Earth to see Las Villas De San Buenas exact location from satellite.
If you are tired of fighting endless traffic jams and unfriendly people where you live now, we believe you will appreciate our typical Friday afternoon traffic.
We offer easy access from the highway and most of our lots don’t require a 4×4 vehicle to access – something that is rare in Costa Rica’s southern zone.
San Buenaventura has two churches and two grade schools. The Catholic church and one of the grade schools is within walking distance of Las Villas de San Buenas.
The Osa region and Corcovado National Park of Costa Rica is considered by National Geographic as one of the “most biologically intense” place on Earth, and after spending some time here you’ll understand why.
Nearby activities and communities.
To the north:
- Playa Pinuela (KM 172):
- Ballena National Park (KM 170): The most beautiful beach in Osa. Miles of beach, easy waves, perfect for the whole family.
- Uvita (KM 163): The best launching point for most of the aquatic tours in the area (whale watching, dolphin watching, SCUBA, snorkel, etc.) as it is the access point for “Whales Tail” beach of Ballena National Park. Several large commercial areas have opened up in the last five years here.
- Dominical (KM 142): Surf’s Up!! One of Costa Rica’s best surfing beaches.
- Manuel Antonio:
- San Isidro del General
To the south
- Hospital de Osa (3 miles/KM marker 193)
- Cortez (4 miles/KM marker 194)
- Ziplines (5 miles/KM marker 196)
- Palmar Norte / Palmar Sur (10 miles/KM marker 206). Restaurants, hotels, shopping, pharmacies, etc.
- Sierpe & Cano Island (15 miles)
- Rio Claro (46 miles/50 minutes)
- Golfito. Tax free shopping!
- Puerto Jimenez
- Panama Border / La Frontera. 65 miles (90 minutes)
- Corcovado National Park (75 miles). Most “biologically intense place on earth” according to National Geographic Magazine
Whether you are a “foodie” or simply enjoy nice authentic food from around the world Las Villas de San Buenas is perfectly located. There is almost every type of restaurant, with authentic menus and with proper preparation, to keep you and your palate very happy. (German, Indonesian, Fusion, Italian, tilapia, etc). Given the proximity to the ocean, there are also several wonderful locally owned restaurants within a mile or two.
Next door to San Buenas Golf Resort. The only golf course in the southern Pacific region of Costa Rica.